Conroe Sex Crimes Attorneys
Hire a trusted defense attorney to represent you!
Have you or someone you know been charged with a sexual offense. Contact Linzer and Gaines Attorneys at Law to defend your rights. Attorneys Jo Ann and Greg have over 20 years of experience successfully defending their clients against serious criminal charges, including sex crimes throughout Montgomery County, TX. They are the criminal defense attorneys you can trust.
What are the common sex crimes?
There are several sex offenses that are penalized under Texas law. The most common sex crimes include:
- Sexual assault: Occurs when someone intentionally or knowingly causes another person to engage in sexual contact without their consent. Sexual assault is a felony offense punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Indecency with a child: Occurs when someone intentionally or knowingly engages in sexual contact with a child under the age of 17. Indecency with a child is a felony offense punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
- Prostitution: The act of offering or engaging in sexual conduct in exchange for money or other forms of payment. Prostitution is a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to 180 days in jail.
- Solicitation of prostitution: The act of requesting or paying for sexual conduct. Solicitation of prostitution is a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to 180 days in jail.
- Possession or promotion of child pornography: Occurs when someone knowingly possesses, distributes, or produces images of child pornography. Possession or promotion of child pornography is a felony offense punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Contact our trusted sex crimes attorneys to defend your rights.
Is Texas harsh on sex offenders?
Texas has some of the toughest sex offender registration and notification laws in the United States. If you are convicted of a sex crime, you will be required to register as a sex offender with the Texas Department of Public Safety. You will also be required to comply with several restrictions, including:
- You may be required to wear a GPS monitor
- You may be banned from certain areas, such as schools or parks
- You may be required to undergo sex offender treatment
- Your name and photograph may be published on the sex offender registry
- You may be required to notify your neighbors of your sex offender status
If you fail to comply with the sex offender registration laws, you may be charged with a felony offense punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
What are the consequences of a sex crime conviction in Texas?
A sex crime conviction can have serious consequences, including prison time, sex offender registration, and a criminal record. A conviction can also damage your reputation and make it difficult to find employment or housing. If you are convicted of a sex crime, you will have to comply with sex offender registration laws, which can be restrictive and difficult to comply with. You may also be required to undergo sex offender treatment.
Have questions about sex offenses in Conroe?
If you or someone you know has been charged with a sex crime in Texas, it is important to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Linzer and Gaines Attorneys at Law can review your case and help you understand your legal options. Sex crimes are serious offenses that can have a lasting impact on your life, so it is important to seek legal help immediately if you are charged with one of these crimes.